Are you interested in contributing your art to this project? I’m always looking for new artists!
Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I’ll let you know if I think you’re a good fit for the site. Please keep in mind that I’m only looking for serious, budding artists who are willing to work to a firm deadline and produce quality work. In your email, please include:
- Your name
- When you’ll have the most time (e.g., now, in two weeks, all summer, only on weekends, etc.)
- How many chapters or sketches you’d like to contribute
- A link to your portfolio (whether on deviantART, Facebook, Artician, etc.) — if you don’t have your work online, instead attach a handful of examples you think best display your talents
The fine print:
* Each chapter will have 1-3 illustrations (these are meant to be sketches, not polished, finished products–this drastically reduces the amount of time artists need to spend on each drawing) alongside the text. These can be B/W, color, inked, hand-drawn, airbrushed, 3D — basically, any medium or style you want.
* Typically, this process involves a bit of going back and forth between myself and the artist. I’ll send you the chapter and tell you which scenes I want to see depicted and whether anything important needs to be included (facial expressions, scenery, etc.), and then most of the creative part is left up to you. Getting the characters right is important, but I want you to have fun with shading, perspective, etc.
* All illustrations will be up permanently, as will credit to the artists on the Artists page, which will link to each artist’s website/deviantART gallery/etc. I expect the story to run for 1-3 years, so that’s quite some time that your name would be listed on my site (with a permanent link that you can put on a resume, tell your friends about, etc.). I cannot pay you (I wish I could), so the credit, bragging rights, and my fervent adoration of your art are all I can offer you – as well as the chance to be a part of the story as it develops!
* Finally, I will ask for first-publishing rights of your illustration(s) and for you to include a link back here when you post your art elsewhere. (Basically, I just don’t want you to post the finished art before it goes live on my site, but WIPs are fine–again, so long as you’re linking back here.) If you think this is unreasonable, we can discuss.